Aside from the wonderful learning outcomes that WriteFest attendees gain, some writers have entered the realm of Author as a result of the opportunities at WriteFest.
- Ali Ahearn and Ros Baxter gained a two-book contract as a result of an editor/writer interview at WriteFest 2010. Their first book, Sister Pact, was released in 2012.
- Katherine Battersby’s Squish Rabbit was published as a result of an agent/writer interview.
- Kathryn Apel’s This is the Mud is also a result of an agent/writer interview.
- Belinda Jeffrey published Brown Skin Blue after meeting an agent through her agent/writer interview.
- Dean J Anderson and Cheryse Durrant each scored a three-book contract with Clan Destine Press publisher/writer interview 2012.
Will 2016 be your year to succeed.