Creating Compelling Characters
An in depth three hour workshop with novelist Sue Ellen Pashley.
Deepen your characterisation through use of a psychological tool kit blended with creative writing techniques.
Areas covered in this workshop include
- how characters react to stress and joy
- links between thoughts-feelings-behaviours and how to apply to characters.
- how needs influence a character’s choice
- models of personality (and where your character sits)
- theories of the mind that are helpful in storytelling
- experiencing grief, and how to show this
- conscious and unconscious bias
- Triggers and character strengths (protective factors)
- How a reader can witness a character’s internality
When 20 May
Where 89 Targo Street
opp. Dan Murphy’s
What Time 9.AM – 12.30PM
Book Now :
Direct Deposit Details: Auswide Bank
BSB 645 646 Account No. 104337281
Please be sure to email your transaction receipt to our Secretary, Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a transaction receipt isn’t available please email Sandy with details of your Bank, Receipt Number and the date deposited.
Or call 0438 894 080